Instructions for Players who are trying to log into their accounts
1. Delete and Reinstall the application
2. Ensure that you update your app install to the latest version (as of 8/17/22 it would show 3.9.345 on the front screen, bottom right). It should be this version or later at MINIMUM.
3. Gather the basic information you would need for your login if you are attempting to log into an account that existed prior to July 13, 2022:
- All pre-July 13, 2022 Facebook accounts have been shifted to email/password accounts due to compatibility issues with Facebook and changes that have been made on that side, but they have been migrated.
- All pre-July 13, 2022 Email accounts have been migrated but the PASSWORDS HAVE BEEN CHANGED.
4. Upon starting the Friendbase App you will see a screen which presents the separate flows - IF you are looking to restore/recover an account from prior to July 13, 2022 click on “Go to restore”
5. You should then select the type of login you used to use - Email or Facebook.
6. For both of these approaches, you should then enter your email address associated with the account (either your email address used directly to log in previously OR the email account associated with your Facebook account).
7. The system will then look to see if you have an account that was able to successfully be migrated and is ready for you to work with OR if we will need to pursue some additional steps through the [email protected] assistance. IF the system does not find the related email, it will tell you that this is either an incorrect email OR that we do not have that email in our system OR that Facebook was not providing the email (“There is no Facebook account registered on Friendbase with that email.”)
NOTE: Some Facebook accounts were not providing Friendbase an email address to associate with the account, so this email may not be enough information to relate your login with your email. In this case you would need to reach out to the the [email protected] and work with us to dig deeper into your account information to help get you back online.
8. If we find the email address in our account listing the above process will allow us to validate your email and provide you with the opportunity to reset your password to get into the Friendbase World again!
9. Once you reset your password (or set one for your Facebook email login for the first time) you will be able to use that email and password via the Email login flow by selecting the Login Method screen:
Note: As always - if you are having difficulties in connecting to Friendbase, please feel free to send an email to the [email protected] and we will work to get the issue resolved ASAP!
Questions & Answers
1Why have we changed Friendbase?
We are so excited that we have finally built a completely new platform for Friendbase. The main reason being, that some of the technology used in the first versions is too old and not supported anymore. The new version will enable us to easier add / remove content, scale better and allow for more collaborations.
2How do I log in to the new version?
It is important that you login with the same method, e-mail and password! If not, you will lose the value from your previous account. The reason for this is because we have had to move the database from one system to another.
3What happens if I don’t use the same login?
You will see that there are many more alternatives to create an account such as using your Apple or Google ID. If you change the way you log in, you are actually creating a completely new account and there will be no connection to your old value in your wallet.
4What happens to my Gems?
Because we have a new database, new ways to create the avatars and new furniture & items, we can’t transfer the exact same things to your new account. We have calculated the value of all your old inventory and then also added the amount of Gems and put this value in your new wallet in new Friendbase. This way you can start by shopping new looks and new content!
5What happened to my VIP?
You may have noticed that your VIP is missing in your new account. As compensation, you have been given extra gems to cover what you have spent. However, rest assured we are going to be adding the VIP feature again in the near future.