Code of Conduct
Updated at 2021-12-06
This Code of Conduct (CoC) for Friendbase is designed to make everyone’s experience as enjoyable as possible and to provide guidance about what is expected from you as a participant in the Friendbase virtual world. When in doubt, use good sense and try to be a good virtual citizen.
You must comply with the following requirements when entering Friendbase:
- You will respect the rights of others to play and enjoy
- You will not access or use the Friendbase to slander, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as rights of privacy and publicity).
- You will not exhibit or partake in any behavior that degrades service performance or disrupts the flow of chat in chat rooms with:
vulgar or abusive language, hitting the return key repeatedly, flooding [continuous posting repetitive text], “spamming,” or excessive SHOUTING (all caps) in an attempt to disturb other users).
- You will not access or use Friendbase to publish, post, upload, transmit, distribute, disseminate or spotlight content that is:
harmful, abusive, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, libelous, obscene, infringing, embarrassing, unwanted, invasive of another’s right of privacy or publicity, hateful or racially, or ethnically offensive (such as ethnic slurs and religious epithets) or, in a reasonable person’s view, otherwise offensive or objectionable (such as offensive or objectionable Friendbase names, space names, games, pet names, in-application labels, titles, descriptions, status updates or inscriptions).
- You will not access or use Friendbase to form or participate in groups that discriminate against, or support discrimination against, anyone based on their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, or gender.
- You will not communicate any user’s real-world information through Friendbase or any other means without that user’s express permission.
- You will not harvest (in an automated manner or otherwise) collect personal information about others, including e-mail addresses, passwords, or other private information from any other user of Friendbase..
- You will not create a false identity or impersonate any other person or entity past or present (such as another player, Friendbase representative, or a celebrity) for the purpose of misleading others.
- You will not use in-application support or complaint buttons to make false reports to Friendbase administrators.
- You will not use any communications services or other aspects of Friendbase in any manner other than for personal communication as an individual user (i.e. not as a corporation or other entity).
- You will not hide or falsify personal information provided to Friendbase in connection with your account.
- You will not conduct or facilitate any fraudulent transactions, including without limitation fraudulent or unauthorized in-application virtual transactions.
- You may not create multiple accounts.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Friendbase, accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any Friendbase server, through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
- You will not use, exploit, distribute to others or publicly communicate any errors in design, undocumented features, miscues, “glitches” or bugs, and you will promptly report to Friendbase your discovery of any such issue to [email protected]
- You will not “farm” in-application items, points, or other Service content (i.e. playing a Service primarily for purposes of amassing an inventory of in-application items or virtual currency) for real-world commercial gain.
- You will not engage in, and will not advertise or facilitate, unauthorized sale, purchase, transfer, or sharing of access to any account, or items for real-world money or other consideration.
- You will not, upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise make available any content, including sounds, music, images, videos, or photographs, in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other rights of any party inside and/or outside of Friendbase (including rights of privacy or publicity).
- You will not falsify, delete or disable any copyright or other rights management mechanism, information, legal or other notices, such as author attributions, proprietary designations, or labels of the origin or source of any Content.
- You will not access or use Friendbase to conduct or send surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spam, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- You will not post any website links or URLs for commercial products or services or otherwise market, promote, advertise, solicit or offer to buy or sell any products or services, including advertising or in any way offer or solicit services or donations within Friendbase.
- You agree that “role-playing” will not constitute a defense to any violation of the CoC or any other agreement.
Chat texts in Friendbase may be logged and may be reviewed at any time and for any reason, including, without limitation, to assist in making decisions regarding violations of the CoC.
A player who violates this CoC may be warned by Friendbase staff or have temporary sanctions imposed against their account. Some particularly serious violations or repeated violations can result in other sanctions, such as a permanent ban without warning. In addition, Friendbase reserves the right to delete characters, content, or entire accounts as we see fit, without warning, for certain violations.
You may be allowed to appeal actions taken against your character or account as a result of violations of the CoC, Friendbase reserves the right at any time to deny to address such appeals or cease communication regarding such appeals at any time.
Failure to comply with the applicable terms and conditions, privacy policies or this CoC or any other rule – written or unwritten – may result in the suspension, termination, and/or deletion of your account without refund. Friendbase has the final say over what constitutes acceptable behavior.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.