Updated at 2021-12-06
Friendbase reserves the right to prospectively revise these Terms at any time (meaning the old terms continue to apply to your use that predates the changes). If we do, we will post the modified Terms on the Service and indicate the date of most of the recent changes above, and you agree that this will be sufficient notice to you that new terms apply and your continued use indicates your agreement to the new terms in connection with that ongoing use.
All the materials provided to you here are the property of Friendbase AB and its licensors. Therefore, all the rights vested in the materials provided through our website belong to Friendbase AB and its licensors.
License. Friendbase AB provides you a free non-exclusive perpetual worldwide license to download content solely for personal purposes. For the avoidance of any doubt, you are not allowed under this license to sublicense or sell any of the materials provided. The license is subject to you respecting the following conditions:
- You cannot use any and all of the content provided in connection to any material that infringes the intellectual property of others including but not limited to logos and copyrighted materials for which you don’t have the legal right to use.
- You agree not to make any false representation of authorship. You may not falsely represent yourself as the main creator of the work that contains the licensed content.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to Friendbase, you hereby grant Friendbase a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and Friendbase’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, display, and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. Therefore, you allow Friendbase to make use in any way they consider fit, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You agree not to use any and all the materials provided herein in conjunction with any activity that can be considered unlawful such as but not limited to:
- Pornography & Explicit Nudity: meaning any form of sex act or other sexually explicit material.
- Violence: meaning any form of violence including but not limited to death, mutilation, gore, or assault.
- Drugs or any illegal substances
- Harassing, Threatening, hateful
Removal of material. Friendbase reserves the right to remove or add new materials without your consent. Such removal will have no effect upon your rights and obligations already acquired by you under this license. For the avoidance of any doubt, in the event material is removed, your license as provided here will subsist such removal.
Modification of the License. Friendbase reserves the right to modify the terms of this license without your previous approval. Therefore, you must ensure to revise these terms from time to time.
License termination. Friendbase reserved the right to modify, terminate this license agreement at any point.
For the avoidance of any doubt, in the event the license has terminated any use of the materials provided to you here will be considered copyright and a trademark infringement, therefore Friendbase will be entitled to take any and all legal measures it considers appropriate.
Indemnification. You agree to defend and hold harmless Friendbase and its affiliates, and each of its officers, directors, and employees from all damages, liabilities, and expenses (to the maximum extent applicable by law) arising out of or related to a breach of this Agreement, the use of the materials provided to you either alone or in any combination, your failure to respect any of the restrictions imposed to us by this agreement regarding the use of any material, or any claim by a third party related to the use of material, alone or in combination with any other material.
Disclaimer. The materials provided by Friendbase to you here are on an as-is basis. Therefore, Friendbase offers no warranty, explicit or implicit regarding the fitness of these materials for a particular purpose, or that the website or any service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Assignment. This License is personal to you, and it cannot be assigned in whole or in part without Friendbase prior written consent on behalf of Friendbase.
Governing Law. This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out or in connection with the subject matter shall be governed by the law of Sweden and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Sweden. You and Friendbase agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Third parties. The Service may also contain links, as part of third-party ads or content on the Service or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (“Linked Sites”), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with Friendbase, e.g., inside of different rooms and events, or via links to sites outside of the Service that is operated by third parties. Friendbase may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Sites, and Friendbase does not assume any obligation to review any Linked Sites. Friendbase does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Sites, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Friendbase is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by, or advertised at such sites.
Friendbase will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights or otherwise, arising out of or related to Linked Sites or their products or services. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Sites. The Linked Sites may send cookies or solicit personal information from you, and as we have no control over these Linked Sites you agree that we have no responsibility for their actions and you should review their privacy policies. Friendbase disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
Further, where part of the Service contains advertising, content, and other material submitted to us by third parties, please note that those third parties are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Service complies with all legal and regulatory requirements. Friendbase disclaims all liability in connection with such advertising or other third-party content or material.
Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Service (including on or via Linked Sites or third-party advertisements or content made available on or through our Service) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Friendbase disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
Sale of Business
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing Friendbase with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, electronic mail;5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. The Friendbase contact address for the DMCA notice is [email protected]. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Cookies for Advertising
These cookies collect information over time about your online activity on the app and other online services to make online advertisements more relevant and effective to you. This is known as interest-based advertising. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing and ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers. Without cookies, it’s really hard for an advertiser to reach its audience, or to know how many ads were shown and how many clicks they received.
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Wherever you’re located you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser’s help menu for more information.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.